What causes itchy eyes after using Trimethoprim ophthalmic solution?
stop the current drops
Hello and thank you for your question.
I think you should stop the current drops because you may be having an allergic reaction to them if the itching is getting worse with them.
It sounds like they are treating you for conjunctivitis (pink eye). It is possible that you have viral conjunctivitis and in that case the drops will not help you only have to wait for it to resolve.
If your vision is not impaired then it is safe to wait for a few days and see if it clears up
If your vision is impaired in any way or if you are not getting better then see your regular doctor or an eye specialist for evaluation
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Polymyxin b sulfate and trimethoprim ophthalmic solution
- Polymyxin b trimethoprim ophthalmic
- Eye itchiness causes
- Ophthalmic infections causes
- Does trimethoprim cause anxiety
- Trimethoprim polymyxin b ophthalmic solution
- Trimethoprim ophthalmic solution
- Causes of swollen itchy eyes
- What are the side effects of polymyxin b and trimethoprim ophthalmic?
- What are the side effects of polymyxin b and trimethoprim ophthalmic solution?