What causes itchy burning skin on left side of body?
Shingles recurrence and peripheral neuropathy should be evaluated.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Apparently it seems to be peripheral nerves involvement that is causing your symptoms.
Recurent shingles is one possible explanation.
Other condition that may be related to, is peripheral neuropathy.
Peripheral neuropathy can be caused by diabetes, nutrition deficiencies of B group vitamins, nerves compression, kidney and liver disease, etc.
As a first step to get a correct diagnosis, I would recommend you to discuss with your primary care Doctor about having done nerve conduction study, EMG and appropriate blood tests regarding to above mentioned conditions.
Treatment depends on diagnosis.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning sensation in body
- What causes left sided pain in body
- What causes giraffe skin like spots on body
- What causes itchy lesions over the whole body
- What causes itchiness all over the body
- What causes burning sensation all over body
- What causes peeling of skin from body
- What could be causing itchy hives on the body
- What causes pressure on the left side of body
- What causes itchy rash on body