Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What causes itchy blisters on back after having antibiotics?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1562 Questions
i got fever previously i took some anti boitic from which i got some allergy like i got blister on back side of body n some time it itches on shoulder i got big bumps so plz assist me to get ride of it please tel me how to get ride of the such thing
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergy needs steroidal preparation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

Please describe the condition in detail. Also please upload a photo of the lesions so that I am better able to help.

If it is an allergic rash due to medicine, then it will need steroidal cream or ointment to be applied on it. It will help in relieving the itch and the redness.

If it is a rash due to a infection, then steroids will worsen it. In such a case you will need antibiotic therapy.

Thus the treatment is specific to the cause of rash. Cause can be better pinpointed by direct examination by a physician or a dermatologist. Thus I would recommend that you a doctor for it.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes itchy blisters on back after having antibiotics? 10 hours later
i took anti allergic tablet now itz been reducing n taking high volume of water n drinking apple juice to detox the effect of the tablet now itz reduced so great extent thank you for ur assistance n any other way to detox body so i get ride of 100%
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Drink water

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I use two methods to detox.

One is take only fruits (and no meals and other foods) for one day.

Second is drinking cleanest water from an RO (reverse osmosis) system for atleast one month.

It helps clear many infections and allergies.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor