What causes itchy anus while passing stools?
Thank you for the query.
This is a typical symptom of hemorrhoids. When passing the stool, enlarged veins (hemorrhoids) get irritated and cause itching and general discomfort in this area. Washing after every stool is a one of method to prevent hemorrhoids inflammation. That is why you get a relief when wash this area.
Please note that most of hemorrhoid are hidden inside and invisible. So this can be the only symptom of hemorrhoids.
As long as there is no bleeding, no pain, no visible and bothering lumps, no medical attention is necessary.
In case of itching, pain, you may try OTC suppositories for hemorrhoids (do not use them longer than 7 days).
If any of mentioned symptoms will appear, please consult general surgeon.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes yellow stools and an itchy anus
- What causes itchy anus and anal leak
- What could cause bleeding in anus and jelly like stools
- Helicobacter causes itchy anus
- What causes pain in the anus and burning while urinating
- What could be the cause for itchy sensation around anus
- What is causing bleeding while passing stools
- What causes an itchy anus
- What causes white itchy bump on anus
- What causes pain in rectum while passing stool