What causes itchy and swollen toes on both the legs?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: hi,
I m 26 yrs old female,I have an itchy swollen toes at both the legs ...it's not reddish ..my toe ring which was easy to remove I feel difficult while removing at the top of the toe finger..m in cold region in u.s were temperatures go down..it will s not red...how can I minimise this...what care has to be taken...is it any signs of serious issues??
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It looks like Chillblains.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, it looks like Chillblains.
It is due to cold weather.
You have to keep the affected area wrapped in warm cloth.
I prefer Tablet Diltiazem in this type of cases.
If there is no response,Skin biopsy has to.be taken for accurate diagnosis.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 40 hours later
hi,
If I keep toes warmer is that enough ..?? m feeling better wearing socks and keeping my toes in a tub of hot water..is it mandatory to take medicines ?? but I cud see my toes swollen when I go out and settle back home
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medicines are not compulsory.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You should try to avoid exposure to Cold weather.
As the response is good with sox,use it.
The feet should be covered most of the time.
Keep your lower limb elevated.
Medicines are not mandatory now.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 minutes later
thank u
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thank you for your response.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for your response.