What causes itchy and reddish spots on the penis?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I get red dots on my penis at first sign they itch and can become very sore but that only happened once and my blood sugar at the time was 23.7 now it is under control also the same thing in my groin at first sign it will itch and same thing between butt cheeks and will at first it will itch and can become very painful and bleed I think mainly do to wiping, and on my tongue but not often. They very seldom come in more than one place at the same time however once in a while it will be more than one area at the same time
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Probably you have developed fungal infection.
Your description matches with that.

I treat such cases with a topical anti-fungal cream like Clotrimazole to be applied twice daily for a month.

It is safe and effective.
You can try this.

If possible upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.

Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee