What causes itchy and inflamed dry throat?
Either viral infection of the throat or allergy induced.
The symptoms you have described seems to be related to either viral infection of the throat or allergy induced.
My suggestions to you are:
1. Drink frequent sips of warm water.
2. Use povidone iodine throat spray/gargles to reduce the irritation and inflammation.
3. Avoid coffee/greasy food/chilled food and beverages/smoking (if any).
4. Do steam inhalation if you have any nasal block.
Hope with these measures, you should be feeling better.
Revert back to me if you have any queries.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Naveen Kumar, ENT Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes strep throat
- What causes dry throat and mouth with choking sensation
- Dry mouth and throat causes
- Dry throat blurred vision what will be causing this
- Super dry throat causes
- What could be causing a dry scratchy throat
- Causes dry throat
- Throat itchiness causes
- What causes a raspy throat
- What causes dry throat with continuous coughing
- What is Perilymphatic fistula?
- Suggest treatment for severe hay fever
- What do I hear an echo after a head injury?
- How to use hearing aids to help with tinnitus?
- What causes tingling sensation in ear when suffering from eustachian...
- Is ear surgery for collapsed inverted ear drum safe to have with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat, swollen glands and fever
- What causes buzzing sensation in head?
- What causes a red patch in the middle at the back of tongue?
- Suggest treatment for skin cancer