question-icon

What causes itchy and bumpy rashes on face and neck?

Posted on Thu, 28 Apr 2016
Question: My daughter has a rash on her face and neck. She said it is itchy and a little bumpy but not welts or painful. What could cause this and what should she do
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (42 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Contact dermatitis or photosensitive reaction or drug rash

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcare magic

I have reviewed the attached photograph.

According to me it can be either contact dermatitis to anything she has applied on her face or neck or a photosensitive reaction due to sun.

Such kind of rash can also occur as a drug reaction to any medicine.

In such cases I recommend my patients to avoid application of any cosmetics or soap on the face.

Wash the affected area with plain water only and apply Cortisone cream on the affected area twice daily for 5-7 days.

Besides this I also advise them to take tablet Chlorpheniramine 4mg once daily at bedtime for 5 days.

Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist