What causes itching with red spots on the vagina?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 3 Oct 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have been having a itch on my vagina for the past two days. I checked and it looked like little pink or red dots around
Answered by Dr. Soumya 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction possible

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about itching.

Most common reason for such sudden appearance of rash is allergic reaction to some substances. This allergic reaction could be due to food, environment, dust, new cloth etc..

If this is not increasing you should not worry about it as it is going to decrease on its own without any medicines.

If itching is unbearable, you can wash the scratching area with soap and water twice a day and dry it. This will reduce the itching.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
I hope it's not STD. It's not increasing. It's like pink or red with little yellow dots and it's just so itchy
Answered by Dr. Soumya 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is not STD

Detailed Answer:

This is not STD. Don't worry about it.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 11 hours later
Is it ok if I just wash it with water because I don't feel comfortable using soap and do you think I should still visit my gynaecologist? I also took a drug that contains fluconazole, azithromycin and secnidazole. Is this ok?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to use soap

Detailed Answer:

It's better to use soap to clear off any bacterial infection growing on it.

Fluconazole containing medicines can be taken.

No need to visit gynecologist as of now.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D