• question-icon

What causes itching throughout the body and thigh pain while treating non-Hodgkin's lymphoma?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Back Pain
Question: my mother is cancer patient she was suffering from.lymphoma NONHODKING LARGE B GRADE STAGE 4 IN 2010 Aand after chemotherpy of 6 cycles RCHOP she is free from diseass n also they ggave 2 more cycles of chemotharphy and last chemotharpy they gave in 2011 april after that we are on follow up . but she is effected with spine L4 comprassiom with complete collapse and full spine is not in good postion.we oprested her spine in 2

012 only decompreession of nerves so that she can sit.but she improved but not too much,she sit for 30 min or so not more then that and walk only 100 tp 200 steps with stick .we did pet ct in 2016 feberary last year also.the report is ok and not shown any deases
but she is again facing problen of itching in her body and pain in thighs kondly suggest what to do
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not related to the cancer.

Detailed Answer:
The itching all over the body can be related to allergic cause or deranged liver enzymes. She can apply calamine lotion or coconut oil and start with cetrizine tablet and see if it helps. iN case the itching continues then a blood test is needed to find out any hepatic abnormality.
The pain in thighs can be a muscular pain. Regular exercise mild pain killers and increasing the fluid intake with proper calcium and vitamin D3 supplements will help her in getting rid of such pains.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon