What causes itching sensation on chest and back?
Mostly allergic, personal care/ expert advise would help.
Thanks for the query under Health care magic platform.
I have read your query & understand your concern.
Itching on chest can be due to multiple causes.
-Allergy/Infection/ infestations / common skin problems like exema, psoriasis, contact dermatitis
* Itching caused by any of the above causes leads to neurodermatitis( it is a condition when scratching itself makes the skin more itchier,.. thus the itch- scratch cycle goes on to be intolerable). Similarly the numbness in left breast follows severe itching ( which injures tiny nerve fibers supplying breast skin ). It will disappear after few days.
In my view, your problem is due to allergy/ drying of skin.
* Allergy- It can be local allergy to things like Cosmetics (Soap,moisturizer, talcum power) / clothing material in use/ allergy to sweat.
*Dry skin caused by old age/ diabetes/ thyroid problems can also cause such an itch.
* In this scenario , I would suggest for primary consultation of your family doctor . He will examine you, get you investigated may send you to Allergy specialist/ endocrinologist for further evaluation & needful specific treatment as per need.
*Self care- Ttry to identify cause of allergy by observing any recent change in cosmetic use/ habit of having more sweat,/ food allergens/ getting allergic bronchitis after exposure to dust, fumes, specific food.
You may apply Steroid ointment with a tolerated skin moisturizer to alleviate too much of an itch./ A pill of tab. Cetrizine in the bedtimewill help.
- Use only cotton loose fitting clothes.
An expert's advise along with your own observations & tests would help to identify & manage the offending itching you are suffering from.
I hope the answer was both informative as well as useful to you. Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes intermittent chest pain and back pain
- What causes extreme chest and back pain
- What causes itching on the thighs buttocks shoulders and back
- What causes heavy painful chest with painful back
- What causes burning sensation in back and thigh muscles
- What is causing chest pain from front to back
- What could cause discoloration and bumps on back that itches
- What causes tightening of chest back
- What causes back and chest pain
- What causes itching on upper back