• question-icon

What causes itching sensation on abdominal area post intercourse?

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in General Health
Question: Hello Doc, my stomach has been itchy after i had sex with someone on her bed where she sleeps with her 4 cats, I'm not sure if i have contacted some sort of disease or was it caused by the cats? pls help
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

I don't this represents some type of disease. I think more likely represents a reaction.

A couple of possibilities regarding what might be causing the reaction.One possibility is sensitivity to detergent on the sheets. Another possibility is that you are allergic to the cat hair or cat dander.

I would recommend that you apply some hydrocortisone cream to your skin once or twice daily for the next few days.I would anticipate that your symptoms should slowly improve over the next three or four days.

Thank you again for sending your question.

Sincerely,

Dr. XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist