What causes itching sensation in the chest area?

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: hello sir,
good day
every day I feel like itching in my heart. it feels like itching and in between needle like piercing in the heart.
I had an ECG but it showed all correct.
there is no exact time of this.
request if you can suggest
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below!

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic For your query,
Have gone through your details.
Most likely your symptom is because of Gastritis,heart burn and other gastric issuues.

However to rule out coronary artery disease i would recommend you some baseline tests of cardiology like-
Stress test-Stress test-Any ischemia to cardiac muscles will be reflected in stress test.
2D echo to see the cardiac functions and wall motility.
Combine together with echo they have a sensitivity rate of more then 85% to rule out coronary artery disease.

If these tests are normal,The pain is either gastric or muscular or due to increased anxiety levels.
Advice
Follow up with reports.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana