What causes itching sensation in soft palate?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi Doctor, sometimes my mouth palate itches me so much I go crazy. Since I can't scratch it I try kind of sucking to help the itch. Sometimes it gets better sometimes it gets worse. Do you think I may have some bacteria? This has been happening for quite a long time now ... But as I said it doe not happen all the time. What do you think it is? Thank you
Answered by Dr. Divakara 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It's Nasal Allergy

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

It is due to nasal allergy which can get triggered by dust , cold air, smoke or sometimes just by itself.

The main thing what you need to do is avoid dust , cold air and smoke as much as possible. But when ever you get an attack you can take a medicine called Montair LC but if this is happening very frequently you need to use a nasal spray called Azelastine+fluticosone . Kindly get the prescription from your doctor.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Divakara 8 minutes later
Thank you so much !
Answered by Dr. Divakara 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You are welcome.
Dr. Divakara