What causes itching on the toes?

Jan 2014

Hi Doctor,

Please see the attached pic.

My wife's foot finger is having too much itching due to this.

Please suggest the medicines.

Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tinea pedis. Topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.
She seems to be having a fungal infection in the toe web space-tinea pedis. Sweat, heat, humidity and occlusion between toe webs seem to favor growth of the fungus.
I suggest her to use a topical antifungals e.g clotrimazole 1%cream (Clotrin-B or Candid-B cream), twice daily for 4-6weeks.
In addition to this she may take an oral antihistamine e.g tab. Cetrizine 10mg once daily in evening for symptomatic relief from itch.