What causes itching on the tip of the penis and glans, and swelling in the glans?
Please lemme know the reason for such feeling and medications for it.
Yeast infection, topical antifungal and antihistaminic
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,
I have gone through your complaints and these symptoms could be due to yeast infection.
I would recommend you to take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching and apply an antifungal cream like Sertaconazole or Clotrimazole cream on the affected areas twice daily.
Also, please get your blood sugar levels checked and urine routine examination as sometimes it can be associated with diabetes.
I'm using clotrimazole powder right now and I will be taking up the above mentioned prescription by you from tomorrow.
Should I take any other medications other than above mentioned ones to reduce swell or to keep penis normally?
Please help me out.
Can take single dose of tablet fluconazole
These all symptoms coincide with fungal infection.
You can also take a single dose of tablet fluconazole 150 mg.
Besides this maintain good personal hygiene and keep the area dry.
Should I visit Urologist necessarily?
Itching and swelling panics me a lot. Please lemme know so that I will visit.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fine macular rash glans penis causes
- What causes darkened penis scrotum and wrinkled penis glans
- Itching inside the tip of glans penis
- What causes penis glans discoloration
- What causes penis glans very sensitive
- What causes whitegrey spots on glans penis and foreskin
- Discoloration of glans of penis causes
- What causes redshiny and flattened spots on glans penis
- Seborrheic dermatitis of the glans penis causes
- What causes hypersensitive glans