• question-icon

What causes itching on the thighs?

Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My symptoms started with itching of the skin between my thighs, on the skin of the scrotum and penis. Then, the itching quit. Now, 3 hours later, my scrotum sac is swollen and my penis is swollen
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably intertrigo

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM....

After reading history you gave,I feel that most probably you may be having intertrigo. It may be candidal infection induced. There may be perspiration,soap and wetness after bathing as responsible factors. The secondary infection may be responsible for the swelling of scrotum and penis. Kindly consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment.

I would suggest...

- antihistaminics like levocetirizine 5 mg daily
- antifungal like itraconazole 100 mg twice a day
- a short course of antibiotic like cap cefalosporin 250 mg thrice a day for a week
- keep the area dry
- wash the area with dettol liquid diluted in water while bathing

I hope this would help.

Thanks.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist