What causes itching on the penis during intercourse?

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Mon, 28 May 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: In relationship. I’m female. Minor sore throat off n on for 1.5 week

It seems like it burns n hurts much more all night after oral sex w male partner

No other symptoms until last Night

Male partner said it was itching unbeably when engaged in vaginal sex to the point that he had to pull it out and scratch it. He then said it felt like sawdust and asked if I could feel that sensation. I did not. So we stopped. As fluids dried, his itching subsided.

I had a horrendous sore throat again all night as a result of the oral sex that was engaged prior to vaginal sex last night.

I can absolutely no other symptoms the physical appearance of a genital area is clean dry irritation three there is no unusual odor this so through and this odd sensation may not even be related but I just wanted to know if these specific symptoms or anything obvious
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms unlikely to be sexually transmitted infection

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

Since you and your partner do not have any genital sores, inflammation, discharge, the temperory itching your partner experienced is unlikely to be due to any infection, but rather due to irritation from condoms, lubricants (if used) or exposure to sheets/bed.
Please make a note on If you or your partner develop genital irritation, redness, sores, discharge, pain during urination. If so, please follow up with your primary provider to get tested for sexually transmitted infection.
Regarding sore throat- I believe that you are experiencing sore throat only after engaging in oral sex and relieved afterwards and you do not have any oral sores. In that case the throat irritation is likely due to exposure to seminal fluids/semen or any other products like lubricants or condoms if applied on male partner.
If sore throat is persistent, then other possible causes for sore throat like infectious mono nucleosis(mono) or strep throat need to considered.
You do not have to worry about sexually transmitted infection at present.

Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarification
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana