What causes itching on the ankles while on antibiotics?

Posted on Wed, 30 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: After taking Antibiotics medicine for Toncills I am getting itching at ankle of my right foot. The skin around there has got black due to itching.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I would like to ask you few questions;
Which medicines are you taking for tonsils and for how long?
What is the duration of itching on the foot?
Are you having itching anywhere else on the body?
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 19 hours later
Ans -Taxim AZ 200, Allegra 120 mg, Telecast L
These medicines I took for 3 days after which I stopped as toncil pain disappeared.

Ans: -During those three days itching was there, Also I would like to inform you that this problem started around 6-8 months back when I was having toncills and had taken similar medicines.

Ans:- No
Ans: -Pics uploaded

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Looks like fixed drug eruption, most likely to taxim AZ

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be fixed drug eruption which is an allergic reaction to the medicines you have taken mostly likely tablet taxim AZ.
I would recommend you to to not take this medicine again as it cause recurrence of itching on the same spotss as well as development of new lesions.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream diluted in a moisturising lotion on the affected areas twice daily for 2-3 weeks.
This will lighten them.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and should be used under the supervision of the doctor.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist