What causes itching on nipples?

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: 45 year old over weight male has very itchy right nipple on my man boob want to rip it off at times worried about what it can be it is still itchy but now is very tender I don't see any discoloration or feel any lumps
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: it could be eczema or fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. From the description, it seems you could be having eczema or fungal infection. The area became tender due to itching. I would appreciate if you could attach an image of affected area as that would help on diagnosing the condition and advising treatment. In the meanwhile take tablet cetirizine and apply steroid antibiotic antifungal cream. For the same, you may mix hydrocortisone, mupirocin, clotrimazole and apply. Waiting to hear from you. Take care