What causes itching of penis after protected intercourse?

Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha

Nephrologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had protected sex with a sex worker 5 days ago. She brought the condom in the room and I didn't see her take it out of wrapper so I assume it's reused? She gave me oral sex with condom, then we had sex with condom. It lasted about 5 minutes. When done she took condom off and gave me hot towel. It's been 5 days and last night I woke up because the tip of my penis was itching really bad. It went away a few minutes after I woke up. I did get a couple of hand jobs yesterday and didn't wash up before I went to sleep. I have no other symptoms of anything. Am I at risk for something?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Protected sex

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

It is unlikely that the condom was reused as it loses its elasticity after one use. The itch what you had last night is not related to the protected sex you had 5 days ago, it could be just a local irritation which subsided on its own.
Since you had protected sex you are not at risk of developing a sexually transmitted disease.
Please wash up after sexual contact, including a hand job to avoid infections from next time.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery

Follow up: Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 31 minutes later
So what should i do about the itchiness if it comes back?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antihistamines

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for getting back

If the itching is severe I advice you to take Tab Levocetrizine which is a third generation antihistaminic agent once a day at night after food. Applying calamine lotion locally will provide instant relief.