What causes itching near the penis of a child?

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 in Child Health
Question: My toddler boy (4 yrs) is having itching near is penis. He is constantly scratching the area. There is no redness or rashes observed in that area.

A week before he was medicated for scabies.

What could be the cause?
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be scabies again or worm infestation - please upload image

Detailed Answer:
Hi.....it could be scabies again or worm infestation.

Skin conditions are best diagnosed only after seeing directly. I suggest you to upload photographs of the same on this website, so that I can guide you scientifically.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,