What causes itching in vaginal area?

Infertility Specialist
Question

My daughter who is 3 years old is complaining itching in her vaginal area. When I checked its red and little yellowish discharge is found. The redness is up till anus. I can see small little boil (6-7 in numbers) kind of thing near thighs. Pl find attached an image for yr reference.

She had been on antibiotic for last 2 weeks because she had an ear infection. Right now its not fully cured, so she is taking
1. Nasonex puff twice a day
2. Allaspan syrup 5 ml twice a day
3. Montair LC kid once a day.

Can you pl, suggest me some thing as its a sunday today and I wont find a doctor right now. Its quite un-bearable for her right now.

Thanks in advance,
XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Betadine ointment

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns

Following is my reply

1. This appears to be bacterial infection and not fungal.

2. She is already on antibiotics which takes care of this infection to a certain extent.

3. But as I can see local irritation is still there.

4. Ask her not to touch the inflamed area or scratch it.

5. As of now apply ointment Betadine locally after washing the area once in morning and night.

6. In 4 to 5 days this should start healing.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol