What causes itching in vagina and rectum?

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Even after I take a shower, I start itching in the vaginal and rectum areas some time later that same day and it's every single day. I don't understand why that happens. What could be causing this to happen? This happens even when I'm not having pms. It's more itchy without having pms.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This may be an infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal
I have read yoru query
I think there is a strong possibility that you have developed some kind of an infection.
Ideally, you need to get a vaginal swab culture.
However it is difficult to get that sample yourself.

An easier way would probably getting a urine culture- bacterial and fungal.
You can then try antibiotics accordingly.

Meanwhile, for now, you can take plenty of fluids and start antibiotics of ciprofloxacin group with clindamycin. start antibiotics after giving culture samples.

Also check sugars and usg abdomen

Best of luck
Dr Mittal
Follow up: Dr. Saumya Mittal 7 minutes later
Okay. Thanks! I really appreciate this very much.

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Best of luck

Detailed Answer:
Best of luck