What causes itching in vagina after appying Premarin cream?
It will subside over period of time
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Premarin contains Oestrogen. Many individuals do experience slight itching and redness after first application. It usually subsides over period of time and individual gets used to. I would suggest you to apply it at bed time and wearing cotton undergarments will be helpful. Antihistaminic like Chlorphenramine taken for one dose will be helpful.
If the itching is severe and redness increases, further use has to be discontinued.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
Oestrogen cream does not cause discharge
Heavy discharge is unlikely to be due to Oestrogen cream application.
If the discharge persists, reassessment by Gynecologist is required.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching and inflammation in the vagina
- What causes swelling and itching in the vagina
- Can premarin cream cause proteinuria
- What causes itching and sores around the area of vagina
- What causes itching and rashes in the vagina
- What causes dryness and itching in the vagina
- What causes itching and burning of vulva vagina and urethra
- What causes crawling feeling in anus with itching in vagina
- What causes severe itching and burning in the vagina
- What causes the swelling and itching in vagina after waxing