• question-icon

What causes itching in the groin area?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Doctor, I shave my private part hair and it's itching me . pls i need advice what to do. thanks
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Considerations.

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the query.

If you shave your private parts too closely than this will certainly contribute to itching.

I would suggest that you do not trim your body hair as closely to the body with future grooming session.

In order to mitigate the itching you might use a mild moisturizer on the skin such as aloe vera. Try not to scratch or rub the area where you feel the itching sensation as this can sometimes make things even worse.

Once again I would recommend that you try to avoid rubbing or your attainted the areas which are most problematic. These areas will still be grow and the discomfort will slowly fade away. With a future grooming session try to focus on not cutting the hair too close to the body as this can trigger sensation of itching from having hair close to the surface of your skin.

Thank you again for sending the question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist