What causes itching at the side of the urethral opening?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 28 Sep 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question hereII' I've had a feeling (sort of itching like) at the side of the opening to the urether. Is this a concern?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to dryness.

Detailed Answer:

The itching at the side of urethral opening can be due to an infection or dryness in the area. You can apply XXXXXXX butter or aloe vera gel and antiseptic ointment and see if it helps. In case the itching increases or is persistent then do consult a gynecologist for direct examination and stronger prescription medicines.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad