What causes itching and scaling of skin on breast?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 12 Jun 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Dr. Aari XXXXXXX .. I uploaded the pictures. And they appeared In February this year. I do not know how to send you the pictures
I uploaded the pictures Dr. Aari XXXXXXX and they appeared in February
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CANCER NOT LIKELY

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for uploading the pictures.
This does not look like skin cancer at all.
Rather it looks like eczema of the breast.
This is a specific skin condition, involving dryness of the tissues.
Typically there is a lot of itching and scaling.
You should immediately consult a doctor for clinical evaluation of the lesions.
Also, a sonography and mammography should be done to completely rule out any underlying lump , which might be concealing a rare type of breast cancer.
This is just a precautionary measure however, I do not think that there is any possibility of cancer here.
My opinion is based only on visually inspecting the pictures, you can surely understand that a proper examination can confirm my diagnosis.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad