What causes itching and redness on the arms after taking Niacin?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you of your husband I can understand your concern and I would like to tell you that if your husband is taking all these meds since long then probably the change in brand could the reason of this allergic reaction.
If he is having itching only and no facial puffiness or oedema and no breathing difficulties then as of now there is no need to go to ER. However it's advisable to take an Antihistamines like cetrizine at bed time for itching and controlling allergy.
Rest discontinue that brand of niacin and consult your primary physician.
I hope this information will answer your query and relieve your worries.
Dr Bhanu partap
I do not plan to give him any more of the new brand of Niacin and I will check with his doctor tomorrow. Thank you again for your reply.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching red arm inspite of a spider bite
- Can niacin cause psoriasis
- Niacin deficiency causes
- What is the cause of red spot on arms
- What causes redness and pain in arm
- Does niacin cause weight gain
- Does niacin cause green poop
- Does niacin cause itching in genitals
- What is the cause of itching and redness in legs
- What causes redness in arms after injecting heroin