What causes itching and redness after using Onabet B cream?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I applied onabet b cream and the redness got vanished but still these marks are their and it feels sometimes itchy.And i want to ask one more thing that in my anal area i find a lot of liquid which is smelly and itchy.Can you please also provide any powder which i can apply daily on my joints as it is very clumsy and i feel a lot of liquid.Please provide me some permanent solutions.The photo is of area just beside my scrotum earlier it was very liquidish but now its pretty dry after applyimg onabet b
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please stop using that medicine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and have checked the attached image. It is quite apparent that you have a fungal infection. Please stop using Onabet B. It contains a steroid and although it will make the problem go away faster, it will also make it return faster. I would insist you to use Candid (clotrimazole) lotion topically and to use clotrimazole powder at other times to make the area stay dry.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Can you please provide the cream and powder name clearly.. and what is the reason for the liquid in anal area which causes itching and makes my underwear dirty. should i apply poweder to that area?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
OTC

Detailed Answer:
It is over the counter and hence available in generic name. However, Candid is a very popular brand for both the powder and lotion.

The liquid in the anal area is possibly tissue fluid which oozes out from the eroded tissues or by filtering out the liquid portion from blood. Treating the infection should take care of this.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 27 hours later
Sir i have only one question left.. i got candid clotrimazole(blue colour tube) , can u please tell any powder name available in XXXXXXX as i feel lot of sweat arpund my joints like below scrotum and i thing more for anus itching, should i put clotrimazolw there also or any other thing?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Candid or Abzorb

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Candid or Abzorb powder (both contain clotrimazole) are available in XXXXXXX and can be used. You can also put it around your anus.