What causes itching and excessive sweating between the buttocks and anal region?
I have used anti fungal creams before with little positive results. I would like to try the Terbinafine. Is it available over the counter or do I need a prescription?
Fungal infection due to wetness.
Fungal infection due to wetness. Prep H is for hemorrhoids and not for fungal infection. If possible attach a photo.
The most likely cause of itching is a fungal infection in that area-
Keep the area dry use fluconazole powder over the area.
Use any over the counter antifungal cream over the area of itching.
If it is still not relieved course of Terbinafine (antifungal) have to be taken.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I am extremely sorry but none of the oral antifungals is available OTC. You need to get a prescription for the same.
Terbinafine can be taken.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause excessive sweating
- Excessive sweating is cause by marijuana
- Excessive sweating causes
- What should be done to control excess sweating and itching
- What does excessive sweating in buttock indicate
- Medical causes excessive sweating
- What is causing excessive sweating in face and head
- Excessive sweating what could be causing this
- What causes excessive sweating and redness in ears
- Implanon cause excessive sweating