• question-icon

What causes itching and discomfort in vagina?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: F/U ?For obgyn-my culture came back negative last wk inc. STDs, ureaplasma, mycoplasma, BV etc. Im still having bothersome itching & discomfort. What can i do?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 16 hours later
are you worried for suffering from aids.have std test and can repeat it after one month so that there is no widow period.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 3 days later
No all tests negative. Concerned all testing normal including stds and no vaginosis and still having burning, itching and discomfort with contact in that area despite wearing loose clothing & switching to all fragrance free/paraben free shower products. Wondering if anyone on this site has expertise in vulvovaginal disorders who could advise? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 4 days later
Brief Answer:
burning and itching in vagina, evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Get yourself checked by gynaecologist can take vaginal smear and get it stained. Have to rule out bartholin gland infection and yeast infection. Take antiseptic douching. Can use fungal pessaries to treat fungal infection. If not responding then take anti fungal systemic antibiotic like fluconazole. Maintain hygiene and cleanliness, drink more water. Take alkasol suspension three times daily. Get your husband or partner checked for fungal infection or trachomatous infection. Prohibit sex till such time.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash

Ophthalmologist