What causes itching and burning sensation in the vagina?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have it ching and burning in my vaginal area went away then returned and yesterday had a little blood in urine nothing since never had a y trouble before
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult doctor for examination.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

Do you have any discharge. Do you have any white patches on the vulva?

The most common reason for itching in the vaginal area in this age group is estrogen deficiency.
The other common causes of itching are:
- fungal infection
-Lichen sclerosis

As regards blood in the urine,
It is very important to confirm the presence of blood. Sometimes high coloured urine can be mistaken as blood in urine. The common reasons for blood in urine are urinary tract infection and stone in the urinary tract. Get a urine routine ( to confirm blood in urine) and culture sensitivity test done.

Consult doctor for examination. If estrogen deficiency is confirmed, it can be treated with local estrogen cream. Urine test results will guide in the management of urinary problem.

If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.

Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj