What causes itching and burning sensation in the throat?

Question
My throat ( outside) itches, hurts, is red and feels like it’s burning. This has been going for 2 months - clears up and then returns.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be recurrent pharyngitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic.
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description it seems that you are having recurrent pharyngitis. It is nothing but inflammation or infection of throat mostly by bacteria.
As a first line therapy you can start on a short course of antibiotics like amoxclav for five to seven days. You can also do warm saline gargles. You can take analgesics like paracetamol for fever.
If symptoms persist despite all these, consult an ENT specialist. You might require a throat swab to find out exact nature the disease.
Wishing you good health
Thanks