What causes itching all over body after recovery from flu?
Topical steroids, antihistamines & cold showers!
It is very possible you have what we refer to as 'miliaria' resulting from the sweat pores et al being blocked after a febrile episode.
A simple ploy would be to NOT apply anything that could further occlude the pores & take frequent cold showers or tepid sponging & wear loose cotton clothing.
In addition cover with a OTC (over the counter) antihistamine eg Xyzal (levocetrizine) taken orally once or twice daily will help reduce symptoms.
The other possibility is some sort of reaction to the anti-pyretics or medications taken for the fever. Do stop all other medications.
A local use of a 1% hydrocortisone lotion or Desonide lotion over the affected areas twice daily should help relieve symptoms in 24-48 hrs. Relax & do things that help you do so as stress does lower the threshold for itch & when one is relaxed, it certainly helps the itch.
Do help this advice is prompt, precise, addresses your concerns & will help relieve your itch.
Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes for stomach infection after a flu
- What causes dizzinesspalpitations and heart pain after flu vaccine
- What causes tickly cough after a flu recovery
- Flu with rash over body
- What causes fluttering in heart after a flu
- What causes ichy bumps with flu
- What causes dizzinessblurred visionheadache and stomach ache after a flu
- What causes body rash when suffering from stomach flu
- What microbe causes the flu
- What causes flu symptoms