What causes itchiness, flaking and redness in groin folds ?
Oral and topical antifungals
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have a fungal infection - Tinea Cruris. Dryness, flaking, redness in groin folds is suggestive of that.
I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1 %cream, twice daily for 2 weeks.
In addition to this you may take an oral antifungal e.g tab fluconazole 100 mg once daily for 2 weeks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness in the groin
- What causes groin cramps
- What causes itchy red bumps in the groin area
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What causes itchy and red perinium
- What could be causing pain in groin
- What causes groin sweating
- Red groin rash caused by diabetes
- Will prostate cause itchy groin
- What causes droopy groin