What causes itchiness and soreness of the eyes?
It does sound like allergies
Hello and thank you for your question.
Allergies can cause lots of problems for the eyes.
You can try over the counter antihistamines like loratadine, but if that does not work you can talk to your doctor about some antihistamine eye drops.
If that does not help you may need to see an allergist for further evaluation and suggestions.
Using some natural tears eye drops which you can buy at the pharmacy may also be helpful. This helps by washing allergens out of the eyes and because it is not really a drug you can use it multiple times a day.
Cool compresses to the eyes can also help when the itching is severe.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
causes of twitching
Hello and thanks for the follow up.
Twitching can be from a problem with the nerves but is more often from simpler causes.
Often it is from not drinking enough water (or drinking too much alcohol or caffeine which can make you dehydrated).
Another cause is not having the right vitamins and minerals in your system.
If your face muscles are weak, not just twitching, then you need to go to emergency since that could be the sign of a stroke.
If not then drink more water and take a multivitmin daily.
See a doctor if the problem persists.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes gas, stomach gurgling and fullness in upper chest?
- Is it not safe to have Amoxicillin for heart murmur?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and tenderness on the sides
- Suggest treatment for Angioedema and severe swelling in limbs and face
- Suggest treatment for soft stool
- What causes hair loss?
- Suggest treatment for fever, sore throat, cough and diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
- Can Requip and Sinemet be taken together?
- What causes gritty, white discharge during urination?