question-icon

What causes irritative bladder?

Posted on Tue, 15 Jul 2014
Question: I feel bladder irritation like I have to urinate, when I do urinate I have a reasonable stream but the irritation continues. It started this afternoon then abated and has now returned.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (44 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have irritative bladder symptoms .

Irritative bladder symptoms at this age mostly due enlarged prostate .

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Routine urine test and urine culture.
2) Ultrasound Scanning of the abdomen.
3) Serum PSA.

In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexine along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily .

Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis,

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

1
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist