What causes irritation, itchiness, swelling, and yellow discharge from vagina?
clindamycin and clotrimazole suppositories
Thanks for writing.
The discharge is from the vaginal canal and has mixed infection as there is yellow color and itching. Washing with peroxide only won't help. Infact repeated rinsing and wet area may aggravate symptoms.
You will need a per speculum or pelvic examination and infection screen.
Please use clindamycin , clotrimazole and metronidazole suppositories like clingen or cansten for 6 nights.
For vulva or perineum use candid B ointment twice a day after wash.
Usually these infections are transmitted to the partner through intercourse. Hence it's important that the partner is also treated after a infection screen.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swelling and itching in the vagina
- Loose and irritable vagina what could be the cause
- Had intercourse whitish yellow discharge itchy vagina cause
- What is the cause for itchy rash on the vagina
- What causes irritation in vagina with spotting after sex
- What causes swelling and redness in the vagina
- What causes irritation in anus and vagina
- What causes sperm to irritate a vagina
- Itchy vagina creamy discharge cause and medicine
- Itchy and wet vagina what cause that
- Would lomexin t ovule for infection kills sperm inside me?
- Is it normal to experience light bleeding during a miscarriage?
- What causes pain during intercourse in pregnancy?
- How does these ultrasound reports showing reduction in amniotic fluid be...
- Do laxatives affect Nexplanon birth control implants?
- Can i take Antacid Gel during pregnancy?
- What causes sharp back ache with tightening of abdomen during pregnancy?
- What causes delayed periods?
- Suggest treatment for exhaustion due to stress
- What causes frequent uriniation?