What causes irritation in the cervix?
Could you please explain your symptoms in more details
Could you please explain a bit more in details about what do you feel, what you have seen and where did you go to visit and what did this doctor tell you?
You need to get an evaluation from a OB/GYN
Irritation in the cervix (cervicitis) is a sign which can be encountered in many conditions.
I exclude infections, since you do not have any pain or other symptoms related to it.
Allergies may be possible. There are known cases of allergy from the latex in the condom.
Multiple partners can cause this irritation.
Vaginal ph changes can be a cause as well, and birth control implantations need to be considered.
Lastly, a Pap test needs to be taken, just to make sure that there is no risk of cancer.
As you may well see, the diagnosis of your condition can vary a lot, thus you need to see a specialist that can do all the proper exams and that can offer you the right treatment for you case.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?