What Causes Irritation In Nose And Eye Redness?
seems to be allergic rhinitis
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns that you are having irritation in nose and eye. I would like to ask you few more details.
Is there any sequence of sneezes followed by running nose ?
Is there any cough or wheeze ?
Kindly get back to me with the details.
Based on your clinical details, it appears to be allergic rhinitis.
As such, allergic rhinitis needs lifetime medications (prophylactic anti allergic drugs, sprays and oral steroids) to prevent its compilations (asthma, polyp, sinusitis).
I suggest you to follow these measures to overcome your health issues.
1. Evaluate with ent surgeon, by detailed ent examination, blood tests (absolute eosinophilic count, serum IgE) and nasal endoscopy (to rule out allergic polyp and sinusitis).
2. Avoid environmental dust with adequate covering (face mask), Stop consuming freezer products (curd/ice cream).
3. stop exposing to pungent smells (kitchen) and deodorants.
Hope this answers your question, if you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Wishing you good health.
Sometimes i will sneeze but not very frequently and runny nose is also rare. I had sinus infections in past but that time this nose irritation up to ear and red eye symptoms were not there.
I consulted ENT specialist almost a year back and told that you have frontal sinusitis and prescribed antibiotics for one week which I didn't take.
This is more troublesome because nose will get choked and sometimes mucous keep draining in to throat. Feel like nose is swollen inside up to ear. Digestion issuea also crops up.
No cough and wheezing as such. Plz prescribe some medicine.
Chronic sinusitis- requires ct scan of para nasal sinuses.
Thanks for considering my answer and for your follow up.
Nasal obstruction and post nasal drip ( mucus dripping in to throat) with ear blockage suggestive of chronic sinusitis complicating the (ETD) eusthacian tube dysfunction ( tube connecting the middle ear and nose).
In my opinion, you need Ct scan of para nasal sinuses to rule out the cause for chronicity (deviated septum, polyp). Treatment can be started as per the findings.
Mean time, do steam inhalation twice daily to drain secretions from clogged sinus openings, start nasal decongesents (xylometazoline- over the counter) 3drops/ 3 times.
Hope, I have answered your query.
One more thing I forgot to tell you that i also fell dizzy sometimes
continue, steam and nasal drops.
Answers for your queries.
1. Dizziness could be due to ETD (Eustachian tube dysfunction). Yo may require otoscopy, audiometry and vestibular tests form an ent surgeon to rule out the cause.
2. Yes. Steam and nasal drops will help in clearing the blockage. In case of thick secretions (active infection), you may require antibiotics.
All the best. Take care.