What causes irritation during urination and fatigue?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I m suffering from yellow urine and irritation & pain,fatigue during and after urination from last 1 month.Please suggest remedy.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urinary tract infection most likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to urinary tract infection. Urine routine examination will be helpful to rule out this. In case of signs of infection you need antibiotics to clear it. Antibiotic can be started initially and send urine for culture and sensitivity and change antibiotic if necessary after culture report.

Take more plain water. Taking barley water or cranberry juice is good also. You can also take potassium citrate or sodium citrate syrup in water.
It is better to check bilirubin levels of blood also to rule out any possibility of jaundice.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.