What causes irritation and pain during urination?

Dr. Naveen Poola

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi,
I am suffering from irritation and pain during urination whenever I travel in heavy sun. It is happening only in XXXXXXX I studied here in XXXXXXX and this problem started. The pain and irritation goes only after 1 or 2 hours.sometimes its less painful and sometimes it's more. I was in XXXXXXX for 1 year and I never faced this problem. Now I'm in XXXXXXX and it happens again. Is it because of heat? I consulted a doctor and was using normetrogyl tablet then. I got relief but I am afraid to use it often. Kindly help.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I suspect that it may be due to hot whether

Detailed Answer:

I suspect that it may be due to hot whether in XXXXXXX If so, you will be benefited by drinking plenty of water approximately 3 liters per day unless contraindicated otherwise any medical conditions.

It is not advisable to use antibiotic normetrogyl unless there is confirmation of infection wit test.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj