What causes irritation and dryness in eyes?
I would like to know about my sons eye irritation. It seems like it feels like there is a pressure within his eye and almost feels like his eyes are dry. He is only five and he is always rubbing his right eye, which leaves like a purple lining all around the eye.
Might be Allergic conjuctivitis
Thanks for the query.
It might be allergic conjunctivitis.
Some common medical conditions indicated by the symptoms dry eyes, itching or burning, red (bloodshot) eyes and sore or burning eyes are Allergic reaction, Hay fever, and Indoor allergens.
Sleep deprivation, smoke, wind exposure, dust exposure may all cause this type of allergy.
I suggest you to look out the causative agent or see the allergist or opthalmologist if problem persists.
Hope i helped you.
Feel free to ask follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes eye irritation with redness and dryness
- Eye irritation causes
- What makes the eye sensitive to light and cause irritation
- What causes irritation redness and pain in the eyes
- What could be the cause of watery eyes and irritation
- What causes irritation in eyes with headache and eye pain
- Eye dryness caused by mercilon
- What is the cause for irritation in eyes
- What causes eye odor
- Moderate eye irritation causes