What causes irritating dry patch on penis?
Yeast/fungal infection the most likely cause for your presentation sir
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. I would like to state a few simple facts your doctor should have noticed:
+Antibiotics not helping
+Antibiotics made the condition worse
In my opinion, from the information at hand and also the images, I strongly suspect a fungal/yeast infection which resulted from either of the following:
+Leaving the region wet after sexual intercourse (not washing and/or drying the region after intercourse)
+Leaving the condom on your penis and falling asleep after intercourse
+Hot and humid climate where you live, due to which a lot of sweat accumulation takes place
+Poor general hygiene
I would recommend the following sir:
+Application of clotrimazole cream over the region twice daily for the next 4 weeks (to be applied over a dry and clean region)
+Avoid sexual contact for at least a month
+Avoid masturbation for at least 2 weeks
+Avoid leaving the region wet at any time
+If it is hot and/pr humid where you live then please carry an extra change of inner wear, which you should change around mid day
+Keep the region dry and clean at all times
+Shower at least once a day, and dry your genitalia well enough after your shower
+Stay in a well ventilated room at all times
+Avoid application of too much lotion and cream (which prevents the region from drying off, which is best for it)
+Use on clotrimazole cream and nothing else
+One tablet of 150 mg fluconazole to be taken orally; and 1 more tablet to be taken in 1 weeks time (total of 2 tablets, not more)
Moist and wet environments are best suited for fungus to thrive, and by going about all the things I mentioned as possible causes, you promote their growth and sustenance. So make sure you allow the region to dry, and use the cream and tablet as mentioned.
I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
Most probably may require a prescription, if you are in the USA
Hello once again sir.
The answer to that question actually differs from region to region; I was born in the Gulf and out there you do not need a prescription to get your hands on fluconazole despite the all drugs need a prescription-rule; I am from XXXXXXX and have worked there as well and out there you can get anything you want without a prescription, similarly in Russia (where I currently reside). But guessing from the Walgreens you reside in the US of A, where you may require a prescription for fluconazole; but you can try with a medical store first and only then schedule an appointment with your doctor. But do initiate the clotrimazole application until then.
Best of luck :)
A friction burn would generally require antibiotic coverage, but as a rule, too many antibiotics can lead to a fungal/yeast infection due to an imbalance, which I am guessing is what resulted.
Don't worry about that now, try the treatment I have suggested and lets hope all goes well. Keep in touch, so I know it helped.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of dry and itchy penis
- What causes dry foreskin with itching on penis
- What causes swelling irritation and pain of penis
- What causes irritation and red bumps on penis head
- What causes stiffness in the foreskin with irritation in penis
- What causes dry penis hole
- What causes to have dry skin on my penis
- What causes dark patches under penis head
- What causes discoloured patch causing itching under penis foreskin
- What causes red patch on penis
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...