What causes irrgular and heavy periods with poor memory?
Thanks for posting your query.
In the current scenario, you do not seem to be suffering from any hormonal imbalance as evidenced by the hormone analysis as well as the absence of any response to progesterone supplement. The fact that you are experiencing irregular cycles in the recent past suggests that you may have entered the peri-menopause.
Other possibilities are the IUD, endometrial and cervical lesions or ovarian causes. Disorders of the blood also should be ruled out.
I would suggest a complete evaluation including a pelvic/trans-vaginal sonogram, coagulation profile, urinalysis and liver function tests. The IUD may also be needed to be removed as a prophylactic measure. A pap smear is also essential.
Please continue taking iron supplements and also take a good diet.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heavy periods causes
- What causes long heavy periods in feeding mother
- What is causing regular headaches with heavy periods and bruising
- What causes extremely heavy periods
- What causes early heavy periods
- What causes heavy period bleeding
- Causes of menorrhagia heavy periods
- What causes heavy periods with red spotting and discharge
- What causes long and heavy periods during perimenopause
- What causes long heavy periods and knee pain
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?