What causes irregular vaginal spotting while having PCOS?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: How do I stop spotting and irregular bleeding? I have PCOS.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details required

Detailed Answer:
HI,

I understand your concerns.

I need few more details before answering your question:

1) What is your height and weight? Are you over weight?

2) Are you married and trying for pregnancy.

3) Are you on any medicines.

4) Since when are you experiencing this irregular bleeding problem?
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 36 minutes later
Hello Docotor.

1) I am 5'2'' and weigh 82 kgs.
2) Yes, I am married and trying for pregnency. Whenever i have intercurse, i start bleeding.
3) yes, Ayurvedic medicines. I dont know the name as of now.
4) I am experiencing irregular bleeding from 2 months. But Feb'17 has been bad, yesterday was the third time in this month that i was bleeding and have spotting for most of the month.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Weight loss will help you to regularise periods

Detailed Answer:

You are overweight and hence all these problems. Weight loss will help in regularising periods as well as conceiving early. PCOS women tend to put on weight.

You need to follow regular diet and exercise to reduce weight and thereby regularise periods and also conceive soon.

Also test for thyroid profile as hypothyroidism also causes such problems.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 11 hours later
Hi Doc,

Thanks. I am trying to loose weight and have tested for thyroid, I do not have thyroid. Can u suggest me tablets to stop bleeding.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Losing weight is most important

Detailed Answer:

I give tablet Pause MF 500 mg 3 times a day for 3 days to my patients to stop bleeding.

You can get same medicines from your doctor.

Follow up: Dr. Soumya 10 minutes later
Thanks Doc. Can I get the medicine without prescription?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take medicines

Detailed Answer:

I am not sure about that. You need to check at your place locally.