What causes irregular vaginal bleeding?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: 2 days early period .. Came just for 2 days watery blood it stopped then came light blood and brown discharge on and off for 3 days now its brown discharge!? What this means!? Pregnat!? Or just my period!? Usually my period is normal regular evey month the same day or next day .. ?!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A hormonal variation likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
You had a lighter than normal period. The watery bloody discharge for 2 days is not suggestive of a pregnancy. The change in blood flow can be due to a minor hormonal variation. You can confirm this further by doing a home pregnancy test with the early morning sample of urine.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
This never happened to me my period always was on point.. And i had intercourse 5 days before my bleeding on the date of my period that i started spotting blood with brown looks only when i swiped..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Having intercourse just 5 days before the expected period is very less likely to cause a pregnancy. The light bleeding can be due to a hormonal variation. If pregnancy test comes negative then there is no need to worry. You can get an ultrasound scan doen to rule out any ectopic pregnancy if the test comes positive.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D