What causes irregular spotting after having Postinor followed by Primolut N?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I used postinor after a week of my period and a week after I started bleeding so I took primolute n 3 times daily for 4 days and the bleeding stopped but I started spotting again after 3 days, please what should I do
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Start with regular contraceptive pill.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After stopping the hormonal tablets the bleeding will happen. After stopping primolut N the bleeding was expected. Either you wait for the bleeding to subside spontaneously or if the bleeding is heavy then do consult your gynecologist and get a regular contraceptive pill prescribed to make your bleeding pattern regular.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 minutes later
For how many days will the building last
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
5-7 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The bleeding should stop in 5-7 days. If it is just a spotting then there is no need to worry.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN