• question-icon

What causes irregular periods?

Posted on Mon, 21 Apr 2014 in Women's Health
Question: my monthly cycle has changed after my wedding.... what will be reasons for that? and what will be the solution for that?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is a normal variation. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Yes. It is common to have a change in the length of the cycle or the duration of bleeding after wedding due to change in the environment; change in food habits; stress and anxiety related to being married. There is a slight change in the hormonal levels also after you start an active sexual life with your partner. All these variations are normal and physiological. Just allow your body a few months to settle down into the new routine. The periods will again become regular on their own without any treatment. In case the irregular periods are persistent then you can consult a gynecologist for a detailed investigations to detect any hormonal abnormality. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN